Made from high quality apples, this applesauce doesn’t contain any sugar! Picking the right type of apple is very important for this. Personally I would advise a fruity apple if you want to use less sugar. I used a Dutch variety called ‘Wellant’. This type of apple is fruity and has a nice sweet-sour balance. Moreover this apple is known as an anti-allergy apple, which makes it suitable for more people to enjoy.
- Cooking Pot
- Wooden spoon
- 3 Jars
- 6 Apples fruity ones, like the Dutch Wellant
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Peel the apples and remove the core. Chop the apples in cubes of 1x1cm or 0.4×0.4 inches. To prevent the apples from turning brown directly, you can add a sprinkle of lemon juice to chopped apples.
- Add the apples to the cooking pot, whereafter you pour in 150 ml of water. If you like, you can add a sprinkle of cinnamon as well.
- Bring it all to a boil. Once the water is boiling, you can turn the heat to a low-medium. Let the apples cook until completely soft. This will probably take about 25 minutes.
- In the mean while you can use the back of a wooden spoon to smash the apples once soft. However, you can also keep them as they are for a more chunky consistency.
- Store the applesauce in clean jars in the refrigerator. Enjoy!