In the summer, I love to have a picknick with friends. Most of the time, we agree that everybody just brings a dish. However, it is always a new challenge to find a ‘new’ dish to take with me. Most of the time I end up taking the same thing with me. So, this time I challenged myself and it turned out delicious!
Hereby my vegetarian pasta salad recipe with refreshing mint, cantaloupe and sundried tomatoes 🙂
Pasta Salad with Melon, Mint & Sundried Tomatoes
- Cooking Pot
- 120 gram Whole Wheat Pasta
- 400 gram European Cantaloupe
- 1 Cucumber
- 10 Sundried Tomatoes
- 150 gram Mixed Greens
- 50 gram Fresh Mint
- 1 Lemon
- 150 gram Feta Cheese
- 6 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds or another type of seeds
- Bring some salted water to a boil. Once boiling, you can add the pasta. Cook the pasta following the package instructions.
- Cut the melon in half and remove the seeds by scooping them out with a spoon. Remove the outer skin and slice the melon in cubes.
- Also slice the cucumber in cubes and the sundried tomatoes in slices.
- For the dressing: Mix 10 tablespoons of oil (I used the oil from the sundried tomatoes jar) and juice of a lemon. Add some salt, pepper and some chopped mint leaves.
- Divide the lettuce in the serving tray. Top with the melon, cucumber, cooled down pasta, a few pretty mint leaves and tomatoes. As cherry on the pie: sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top, and crumble the feta cheese on top of the salad.
- If you want to take this salad to go, don't pour the dressing on the salad yet. Once you are going to serve the salad, you can pour the dressing on a salad. Last-minute is best!