In the Netherlands, we love pancakes! So we have wide variety of different pancakes in our old cookbooks. Since banana pancakes are all hot and happening now, I adjusted the traditional recipe a bit. Still as good, but more full-filling by the addition of fibers. What do you think? 🤩
Healthy Dutch Pancakes with Oats & Currants
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Blender // Food Processor
- 1 Egg
- 1 Banana
- 3 tbsp Oat Flakes
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Currants
- 1 tsp Flax seed
- Knob of Butter
- Mix the egg, banana, oat flakes and baking powder in the blender until you have a smooth batter.
- Mix in the currants and flax seeds. Leave the batter for about 5 minutes to activate the flax seeds. Mix the batter one more time before frying.
- Heat the frying pan and add some butter. Fry multiple smaller pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Serve the pancakes with honey, powdered sugar or just as is.