A great way to use leftover vegetables & to eat a delicious vegetarian toast! The spread is quite easy to make, and can even be frozen in portions. In that way you always have a healthy sandwich spread available.
- 4 Slices of Bread
- 200 gram Cooked Pumpkin
- 50 gram Apple like Elstar
- ¼ Chili
- Some Aged Cheese like Texels Sheep Cheese and Old Amsterdam
- Cook or steam the pumpkin cubes until done.
- In the meanwhile, toast the slices of bread, slice the apple and chili pepper.
- Blend the pumpkin cubes, apple, salt, pepper and lemon juice until you have a smooth paste.
- Divide some spread on the toast and add sprouts, chili & cheese.
- You can keep the spread in an airtight container for about 2-3 days, or freeze in smaller portions.