These peanuts & chocolate goodies are a great snack for the afternoon! I love to add some salt to the chocolate, what gives this snack a real sweet-salty flavor. In this recipe I decorated the peanuts rocks with pink chocolate & grated coconut. However feel free to experiment with different nuts, colors or maybe even dried fruit.
Peanut Rocks & Coconut
- Heat Resistant Bowl
- Cooking pan
- 200 gram White Chocolate
- 140 gram Peanuts unsalted
- 6 tbsp Coconut
- Any Food Coloring
- Add a layer of water to the cooking pan, and bring this to a boil.
- Get a baking tray and place a baking paper on top.
Let's temper the Chocolate!
- Break the chocolate in small pieces and add them to the heat resistant bowl.
- Once the water is cooking, you can turn the heat very low. Place the bowl on top of the pan. However make sure the bowl doesn't touch the boiling water. Let the chocolate melt completely by string occasionally. It is important to make sure that the chocolate is not getting warmer than 43 degrees celsius or 109 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then take the bowl off the heat, and keep stirring the chocolate until it has reached a temperature of 24 degrees Celsius or 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Then place the bowl back on the pan, and bring the chocolate to a temperature of 28 degrees Celsius or 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer about 4 tablespoons of white chocolate to a small bowl. You can color this chocolate by adding a drop of food coloring.
- Add the peanuts, and a pinch of salt, to the white chocolate. Stir until all peanuts are covered with chocolate.
- Use a spoon to take some of the peanut/chocolate mixture and to place it on the baking paper. Drizzle some pink chocolate on top and cover with grated dried coconut!