I love apple pie! Especially the traditional Dutch Apple Pie, of which you can find the recipe here. However, today I wanted to try something different: ravioli! So I filled ravioli shaped puff pastry with an apple pie mix. Topped with glaze and silver edible stars.
Apple Pie Ravioli
- Baking Brush
- Baking Sheet
- Non-stick Baking Paper
- Puff Pastry like vegan puff pastry
- 2 Apples like granny smith
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Some Lemon Zest
- 25 gram Raisins about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1,5 tbsp Custard Powder optional
- 1 Egg
- 250 gram Powdered Sugar
- Edible Stars
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soak the raisins in some hot water for about 5 minutes. Before adding them to the apple mix, make sure to dry them quickly with a kitchen towel.
- Cut the apples in small cubes and sprinkle them directly with some lemon juice. This will prevent the apples from turning brown directly.
- Mix the chopped apples with the lemon zest, sugar, cinnamon, custard powder and soaked raisins.
- Use a ravioli mold or pasta roller to create even squares of puff pastry.
- Divide a teaspoon of the apple mixture on the puff pastry. Break the egg above a small bowl and mix through. Use this egg as glue to stick the two squares of puff pastry to each other. Brush the sides of the ravioli with the egg and top with the top layer.
- When all the puff pastries are filled, you can place them on non stick baking paper on a baking sheet. Brush the top of the ravioli with egg to make sure the ravioli's bake golden brown.
- Bake the ravioli's for about 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- In the meantime you can make the glaze! Mix the powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of water. Mix and add a little bit of water until you have a smooth glaze.
- Serve the apple pie ravioli with the glaze and edible stars!