Grandma’s Apple Pie
- 300 gram Flour
- 100 gram Sugar
- 200 gram Butter
- 2 Egg
- 8 Apples
- 50 gram Breadcrumbs
- 5 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Lemon
- Some Vanilla Extract
- 100 gram Raisins
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Custard Powder
- Make a dough of the flour, butter, 1 egg, sugar and pinch of salt. Make sure that you use cubes of cold butter when you start making the dough.
- Once nicely mixed, let the dough rest for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Soak the raisins in some hot water for about 20 minutes.
- Butter the cake pan to make it non-stickable.
- In the meanwhile, peel the apples, take out the core of the apples, and cut into 1 cm pieces. Add lemon zest, juice of half a lemon, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and custard powder.
- Add the raisins to the apple mixture.
- Preheat the oven on 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When dough is ready, separate ⅓ of the dough. This will be used for the top of the apple pie. Roll the dough out to a thickness of ½ a centimeter.
- Place the dough in the cake pan, and cover the bottom with breadcrumbs. Then add the apple mix.
- Roll out ⅓ of the dough and make strips of the dough. Use these strips to weave a lattice pie crust.
- Whisk 1 egg and brush the top of the pie.
- Bake the pie for 45-55 minutes, and let it cool down completely before cutting the pie. Enjoy! Best with some whipped cream!