Sometimes you just need chocolate, and this is one of my favorite chocolate recipes. A soft chocolate cake, intens chocolate ganache, sugar coated peanuts & banana. Delicious combinations, and moreover an intens chocolate experience.
Chocolate Cake, Peanuts & Banana
- Heat Resistant Bowl
- 8 Eggs
- 250 gram Sugar
- 200 gram Flour
- 40 gram Cacao Powder unsweetened
- 100 gram Grounded Almonds
- 160 gram Butter unsalted
- 250 ml Cream
- 300 gram High Quality Chocolate 75% cacao
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 60 gram Butter
- 1 Banana
- 70 gram Sugar Coated Peanuts or other caramelized nuts
- Preheat the oven on 150 degrees Celsius or 302 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring some water to a boil in small cooking pan.
- Melt the butter for the cake.
- And butter the cake pan with some butter or olive oil.
Making the cake
- Break all the eggs in a heat resistant bowl. Once the water is boiling, whisk the eggs and sugar au bain-marie. This means to keep the bowl above the cooking water in order to cook the egg mixture. However, make sure you keep whisking and that the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- When the eggs are completely fluffy and light yellow, you can add the cacao, flour, almonds and melted butter.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake for about 35-45 minutes in the preheated oven.
Making the Ganache
- Melt the 60 grams of butter as well.
- Chop the chocolate in small pieces and add to a heat resistant bowl. Melt the chocolate au bain-marie, so above the pan with cooking water. When melted, add the honey and melted butter. When mixed, add the cream by slowly pouring it in the melted chocolate. Stir again, and leave on room temperature.
- Let the cake cool down to room temperature before decorating. If the cake is still too hot, the ganache will melt off the cake.
- Cut the sugar coated peanuts in smaller pieces, and (just before serving) the banana in slices.
- Decorate the cake with the ganache, peanuts and banana slices. If you like you can also cut the cake in half (horizontally), and add an extra layer of ganache in the middle of the cake.