Seasonal fruits combined with crunchy topping and warm spices. For me a great dish for breakfast or with any coffee/tea moment. Since you will still find some butter and sugar in this recipe, I added some oats to the crumble for extra fibre! This makes the dish a little bit healthier, but keeps it very delicious! Loving oats? Try also these Oat Pancakes for breakfast once! Have fun baking!
Apple, Strawberry & Oat Crumble
- Oven dish
- 350 gram Apple
- 200 gram Strawberry
- Zest of Orange
- 80 gram Oats
- 60 gram Flour
- 80 gram Butter
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 354 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour, butter, 3 tablespoons of sugar, pinch of salt, pinch of cinnamon and oats. Make sure you use very cold butter. Everything needs to be mixed, however it needs to stay crumbly.
- Cut the apple in pieces (1 by 1 cm) and clean the strawberries. Depending on the size of the strawberries, you could cut these in half as well.
- Mix the apple, strawberries, zest of an orange, lemon juice and sugar.
- Butter the oven dish. Add the fruits and top off the with the crumble. Bake for 25-35 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve with some icing sugar!