Every summer my Grandma harvests gooseberries from her own garden. After cleaning, she makes jam out of it. The recipe for this is very simple. Weigh the gooseberries, and take the same amount granulated sugar. Cook this until the fruits are soft, blend it, and pour it into cleaned jars. You can even add some lemon juice and lemon zest to make the jam more fresh. For this recipe you can use that gooseberry jam or another delicious jam. Definitely one of the weekend favorites!
Crepe & Gooseberry Jam
- Crepe Pan
- 140 gram Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 500 ml Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150 gram Jam
- 90 gram Unsalted Butter
- Blend the milk, eggs, flour, sugar, pinch of cinnamon and the vanilla extract in the blender or food processor.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve to remove any lumps. Leave the batter on room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the crepe pan or the regular pan on a high heat. Melt a table spoon of butter, and add one soupspoon of the batter.
- Flip the crepe once bubbles appear on top of the crepe. When turned, distribute about 2 tablespoons of jam on the crepe. Repeat this process until you are out of batter.
- Fold the pancake in quarters and serve with powdered sugar.