Don’t these look delicious? As I am a great fan of French products, I bought this Crème de Marrons. This Crème is a sweetened chestnut paste. However, if you can’t find this crème, you can also use Dulce de Leche or Dutch Bebogeen!
Croissants with Chestnuts & Hazelnuts
- Baking Paper
- Small Bowl
- 1 can Croissant Dough
- 80 gram Crème de Marrons (Chestnut Paste) or Dulce de Leche (½ Cup)
- 80 gram Hazelnuts (½ Cup)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Apricot Jelly
- Preheat the oven on 200 degrees Celsius or 392 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the baking paper in the oven dish to prevent the buns from sticking to the dish.
- Chop the hazelnuts until finely chopped.
- Take the dough out of the tin and divide in 12 even pieces. Roll out each part of dough.
- Spread about a teaspoon of chestnut paste on each piece of dough and top with a few chopped hazelnuts. Roll it up and place upright in the oven dish.
- Break the egg above a small bowl and mix shortly. Use a brush to divide some egg wash on the croissants.
- Bake the croissants for about 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- In the meantime you can heat the apricot jelly with a few tablespoons of water to make it thinner. When it's almost boiling it is ready!
- When the buns are ready, you can glaze the pastries with some diluted apricot jelly. Top with more hazelnuts and serve directly.