A great snack platter for a get-together: Hummus! Since I love the flavor of fried garlic, I made this fried garlic flavored hummus. You can make the hummus as smooth as you like by adding some liquid from the can of chickpeas. This liquid, also called Aquafaba, makes the hummus super smooth.
This hummus was topped with extra fried garlic, cumin spices and dried chili flakes. However, you can also top it with roasted chickpeas or fresh herbs.
Fried Garlic Hummus
- Food Processor
- Frying Pan
- 2 cups Chickpeas or 480 grams
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil or 80 ml
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Chiliflakes
- 1 Lemon
- 4 cloves Garlic
- Cumin Seeds
- Dried Chiliflakes
- Peel away the outer layer of the cloves of garlic and chop the garlic in even slices. Add the slices and the olive oil to a frying pan. Heat on a medium heat until the garlic slices are brown.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, cumin, chili flakes and juice of 1 lemon to the food processor. Pulse a few time until the chickpeas are chopped finely.
- Then pour in half of the olive oil and crispy garlic slices and mix the hummus again. Keep the other half of olive oil and garlic slices on the side, so you can use it as topping later on.
- To make the hummus smoother you can add ¼ cup of the liquid of the chickpea can. If you like the hummus smoother, you can add more liquid. The amount you add is really up to you!
- Taste the hummus and add seasonings to your liking.
- Spread the hummus in a low dish, whereafter you top it with fried garlic, olive oil, cumin and chili flakes. Serve the hummus with slices vegetables!