I love this recipe! Instead of cream, I used cooked cauliflower. In this way, you don’t only create creaminess, but also a healthier soup! A real favorite in my kitchen nowadays:
Healthy Creamy Tomato Soup
- Cooking Pot
- 400 gram Tomatoes about 2 cups
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 300 gram Cauliflower about 4 cups of florets
- 1 teaspoon Tomato Puree
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Some Thyme
- 1 liter Vegetable Stock about 4 ⅕ cups
- 1 tsp Maggi or Soy Sauce (optional)
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- Oat Cream
- Quickly rinse the tomatoes, chop them in half and add them to the ovendish. Roast the tomatoes in a hot oven (about 200 degrees Celsius or 392 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 25-30 minutes.
- Then chop the onion in rings, the garlic in slices and the cauliflower in small florets.
- Turn on the heat beneath the cooking pot and pour in the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook these until glossy. Then add the tomato paste and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets, stock, bay leaf and thyme. Bring it to a boil and let it cook until the cauliflower is soft.
- When the tomatoes are roasted, you can add about 100ml of water and place the oven dish back into the oven for another minute. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the oven dish. The goal is to get all the (lookalike) burnt pieces into the water. This will create lots of flavor!
- Pour the tomatoes and the water into the cooking pot.
- Cook it all together for 5 minutes, season with salt & pepper and blend until smooth. Don't forget to remove the bay leaf before blending the soup 😉