Since I didn’t had any eggs in-house anymore, I decided to make this vegan version. Still delicious since I used fresh flour from the local windmill. Served with my favorite Dutch Syrup & Roasted Hazelnuts!
Vegan Dutch Pancakes & Syrup
- Crepe Pan
- 1 tbsp Flax Seed
- 250 ml Oat Milk
- 125 gram Flour
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Some Hazelnuts
- Syrup like Dutch Stroop
- Mix the flax seeds with 2 tablespoons of water. Leave this aside for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the oat milk in the blender. Then add the flour, sugar, pinch of cinnamon & salt and the flax seeds (+the water). Blend this until smooth, and leave it on room temperature for at least 20 minutes. You could mix this as well with a whisk, however I love to use a blender!
- In the meanwhile you can toast some nuts, chop some fruits or drink a cup of coffee..
- When you are ready to start baking the pancakes, add some olive oil to the crepe pan. Make sure your pan is on a medium high heat before adding the pancake mixture.
- Serve the pancakes with syrup & nuts.