I needed to try this new trendy thing: baked oatmeal in a mug! However, I felt that a lot of recipes were quick dense. Therefore I tried to make this batter a bit lighter by adding more baking powder and water.
As ‘surprise’ I added a tablespoon of Dutch Bebogeen, also known as Dulce de Leche. Since I love the combination of apple and caramel! I do understand now why this is such a big trend. It is not only real comfort food, but with all these healthy ingredients, it also feels like a great start of the day 🙂
Healthy Apple Pie Mugcake
- Food Processor
- 60 gram Oats ⅔ cup
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Applesauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds optional
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 40 gram Chopped Apple about a quarter of an apple or ⅓ cup
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp Chopped Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Dutch Bebogeen or Dulce de Leche
- 40 gram Apple about a quarter of an apple or ⅓ cup
- 1 tsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the oats and baking powder to the food processor. Pulse a few times until the oats are finely crumbled.
- Then add the applesauce, olive oil, honey, water, chia seeds, a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Blend again until smooth.
- Chop about a quarter of an apple in even cubes. Also chop a few walnuts, but keep them in quite big pieces. Add these and the raisins to the batter.
- Use a spatula to mix the batter. Then pour almost all the batter into the mug. Keep about 2 tablespoons aside.
- Then add the spoon of Bebogeen or Dulce de Leche in the middle of the mug. Top the caramel with the 2 tablespoons of batter, which you placed aside earlier.
- Bake the mugcake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- In the meantime, you can cut the other part of the apple. Sprinkle some lemon juice on top to prevent the apple from turning brown directly. Mix this with the cinnamon, sugar and raisins.
- Once the mugcake is ready, you can add the topping and enjoy your breakfast!