Delicious and light comfort food: Cheese Tortellini in heartwarming homemade vegetable stock! In order to make this stock more savory, I added some SeaBacon. SeaBacon is a product made by SeaMoreFood, a Dutch company which is upgrading your favorite food items with seaweed. Besides seaweed nacho’s and seaweed wraps they also offer the SeaBacon. Bake the SeaBacon until crispy or add these flakes to this delicious soup!
No SeaBacon? Just add some chopped sundried tomatoes or dried mushrooms to the stock. Looking for more recipes with seaweed? Check the link to #Seaweed Recipes here!
Cheese Tortellini, Vegetable Stock & SeaBacon
- Cooking Pot
- Fine Sieve
- 250 gram Cheese Tortellini
- 10 gram SeaBacon or sundried tomatoes or dried mushrooms
- 80 gram Brussels Sprouts
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Onion
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 10 Peppercorns
- 6 Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- Cut the onions, carrots and celery sticks in even parts. Crush the clove of garlic and cut it in slices.
- Heat some olive oil in the cooking pot and add the chopped vegetables. Bake these until the onion is glossy.
- Add the other stock ingredients and add 1,5 liter water. Bring this all to a boil and let it cook for about 1 hour.
- In the meanwhile, you can clean and cut the Brussels sprouts in slices. Do you have other vegetables in-house? You can add those as well!
- Sieve the stock by pouring it through a fine sieve. Taste the stock and add any additional flavorings or seasoning.
- Bring the sieved stock to a boil. Whenever it cooks, add the Brussels sprouts and tortellini. Cook the pasta as long as described on the package. *If you want to add the pre-soaked dried mushrooms or sundried tomatoes, you can add them at this step as well.
- Add the SeaBacon the last minute of the cooking time.
- To make sure the pasta doesn't overcook, it's best to serve the soup immediately 🙂 Enjoy!