What about a recipe with insects? Make this pokebowl with meatballs of the ‘Krekerij’, which are made of crickets. Delicious in this sauce!
Pokebowl & Cricket Meatballs
- Cooking Pot
- Frying Pan
- 165 gram Sushi Rice
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Mango
- 60 gram Wakame Salad or another seaweed
- 150 gram Broad beans
Red Cabbage Salad
- 100 gram Red Cabbage
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
Meatballs & Sauce
- 8 Cricket Meatballs
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Some Dried Chili Flakes to taste
- Some Sesame Seeds
The Sushi Rice
- Rinse the sushi rice until the water is completely clean. Add the rice to the cooking pot and pour in 250 ml of water. Bring it to a boil.
- Let the rice cook for about 15 minutes, whereafter you can let it cool for another 15 minutes.
- Season the rice with the rice vinegar and salt.
- In the meantime you can chop and prepare all the other toppings. Cut the mango in cubes, shortly cook(or steam) the broad beans and make the red cabbage salad.
- For the red cabbage salad: Heat the vinegar and add the sugar and salt. Stir until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved in the vinegar. Then add the cabbage and let it marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour some olive oil in the frying pan and bake the meatballs until brown and crispy. Turn the heat lower and add all sauce ingredients. Once the sauce is sweet and sticky the meatballs are done 🙂
- Add the sushi rice to a bowl and add all the different toppings! Looking for other good toppings? Fried onions, crispy seaweed, spicy mayonaise or sesame seeds…