So in old Dutch cookbooks, you will find a lot of variations on the scrambled eggs on toast. Like scrambled eggs with ham, cheese, tomato puree and cooked cow’s tongue. However, I love the addition of sea asparagus! They taste a bit salty and add a surprising texture to the dish. Serve the eggs on a hot crispy toast with chive mayonaise and mixed tomatoes.
Toast with Scrambled Eggs, Sea Asparagus & Tomatoes
- Frying Pan
- Chopping Board
- 1 slice Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Hand of Sea Asparagus
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Bunch of Chives
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Toast the slice of bread until golden brown and crispy.
- Make the chive mayonnaise by mixing the mayonnaise and chopped chives.
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan. Then add the sea asparagus and break the two eggs above the pan.
- Stir the eggs until set and cooked to your liking. However, cooking them through completely may result in dry scrambled eggs. So I love to serve them a bit uncooked.
- In the meantime, cut the tomatoes in half.
- Top the toast with the mayonnaise, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and freshly crushed pepper!