Lately I made some vanilla Stewed Pears, made from locally sourced pears. I was about to make my Stewed Pear Cake, until I realized I wanted to eat a healthier option. Nowadays you see a lot of these oatmeal mugcakes on Instagram, so I needed to try it!
After trying a lot of recipes, I found my preferred combination of ingredients. A lot of the mugcakes turned out quite dense, so I decided to add more light ingredients and baking powder. If you don’t have any protein powder, you can replace it by adding 1 tbsp of flaxseeds, chia seeds or applesauce.
Healthy Stewed Pear Mugcake
- Food Processor
- 50 gram Oat Flakes or ½ cup
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder unsweetened
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Syrup
- 7 tbsp Water
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or 2 tbsp peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Stewed Pear or ¼ cup of chopped fresh pear
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all dry ingredients to the food processor. Pulse a few times until you have a fine oat mixture.
- Then add the syrup, water, a pinch of salt and olive oil and mix again.
- Put a little batter in the mug and put the stewed pear in it. Divide the rest of the batter around the pear.
- Clean the edges of the mug & place the mug in the preheated oven. Let it bake for about 30 minutes.
- I love to serve this mugcake with some syrup from the stewed pears!