Since Halloween is getting more popular nowadays in the Netherlands, a real halloween recipe! To me waffles are a great breakfast. By adding sweet potato puree to it, the waffles are moist and soft. Topped with a melted green monster, this dish hopefully gives you some halloween vibes!
Sweet Potato Waffles & Green Slime
- Waffles Cake Mold
- 3 tsp Flaxseed
- 150 ml Water
- 120 gram Cooked Sweet Potato
- 120 gram Sugar
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 140 gram Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Zest of Half an Orange
- 125 ml Liquid like oat milk, coffee, ice coffee
- 6 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Eyeball candy
- Green Food Coloring or yellow and blue mixed
- Mix the flax seed and water in a bowl and let it stand there for 5 minutes. In the meantime, you can preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a brush to slightly oil the cake mold so the waffles come out nice and clean.
- Add all other waffle ingredients to the bowl with flax seed and mix through. Sprinkle in the zest of half an orange, and then pour the juice of the orange in a measuring cup. Add espresso/ice coffee until you have 200 ml of liquid. If you don't like coffee, you can also use oat milk.
- Divide the batter over 4 waffle molds and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the powdered sugar first with two tablespoons of water. You can add the food coloring as well 😉 If the glaze is still crumbly, just add a little bit of water. The glaze can become watery very quickly, so adding little bits of water is really necessary.
- When the waffles are cooked through, serve them with this slimy glaze and eyeball candies!