Goat cheese and honey mustard is a golden combination! Due to the creaminess of the cheese and the acidity and spicy flavors of the honey and mustard dressing. Therefore the cheese and dressing goes well with a lot of other vegetables, like root vegetables, mushrooms or tomatoes. So you can use whatever you still have in stock to make this wonderful salad, as long as you have the dressing and goat cheese.
Goat Cheese Salad & Honey Mustard
- 100 gram Goat Cheese
- 200 gram Kohlrabi or sweet potatoes or other root vegetables
- 100 gram Arugula
- Some Cherry Tomatoes
- Some Mushrooms
- Some Nuts
- Chives or other fresh herbs like parsley
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- Preheat the oven on 200 degrees celsius or 392 degrees fahrenheit.
- Chop the root vegetables in 2 cm pieces. Cover with some olive oil and seasoning and place in an oven dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked and crispy.
- Chop the mushrooms & tomatoes all in half. Add the mushrooms to the oven dish the last 10 minutes of the baking time.
- Make the dressing by whisking the honey, mustard, vinegar, oil and seasoning in a bowl. If it is too sweet, just add some extra mustard or vinegar to your taste.
- Divide the arugula in de bowls. Add the vegetables, tomatoes, nuts and crumbled goat cheese. Chop the chives finely and add those to the salad as well. Serve with the dressing.