Wholewheat Pasta, Fresh Herbs & Smoked Salmon
- Cooking pan
- Baking pan
- 150 gram Wholewheat Pasta
- 200 gram Smoked Salmon
- ½ Lemon
- ½ tsp Sambal
- 30 gram Almonds
- 1 clove Garlic
- 50 gram Old Amsterdam or other matured cheese
- 70 ml Olive Oil
- 30 gram Fresh Herbs mix of fresh herbs like; chives, parsley & chervil
- Handful Arugula
- 3 tbsp Creme Fraiche optional
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package. Leave 2 soupspoons of cooking liquid aside, when draining the pasta. This can be used for the sauce.
- Bake the almonds till they are brown and toasted.
- In a mortar or food processor, make a pesto of the almonds, garlic, olive oil, herbs & Old Amsterdam.
- Heat up a baking pan to a medium heat. Once warm, add the pesto, juice of half a lemon, some lemon zest & sambal and mix.
- Add the cooked pasta, some cooking liquid and the creme fraiche.
- Let it cook until the sauce is a bit thickened, and all the pasta is covered with the sauce. Then turn off the heat, add the arugula and flakes of smoked salmon. Mix and serve!