In the Netherlands, a lot of researchers, universities and farmers are working together to create a more sustainable food system. Since the amount of people are increasing and the climate is changing, it is important to look into a new way of cooking and eating. Therefore I was at the World Food, where I met Christiaan from Microgreens Holland. Microgreens Holland is a company providing microgreens in a wide variety of flavors. These greens grow quick, have a great flavor and have high nutritional values. A real local superfood!
Cucumber, Mint, Feta & Arugula Microgreens
- 1 Cucumber
- 80 gram Feta Cheese of another type of salty cheese
- 15 Mint Leaves
- 1 tray Arugula Microgreens
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Use a peeler to cut the cucumber in long strips. You can add the cucumber to the serving bowl already.
- Crumble the feta cheese on top of the cucumber. Then you can cut the mint leaves (or leave them whole) and add them to the salad. If your mint leaves are a bit brown/old, you can also chop the mint and add it to the dressing.
- Finish the dish with the arugula microgreens.
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a bowl, and use a whisk to mix everything.
- Serve the salad with some bread and the dressing on the side. Looking for a more fulfilling dish? Add some cooked(or steamed) new small potatoes!