A great way to eat and process seasonal fruits: in a cake! For this cake I used some leftover Stewed Pears. Want to make these? Press here for the recipe! Nevertheless, if you don’t have any pears, you can also add sliced apple to this cake. If you don’t want the fruits to move to the bottom of the cake, you can cover the fruits with a thin layer of flour.
Stewed Pear & Cake
- Cake Baking Tin
- Food Processor
- 4 Stewed Pears
- 200 gram Butter on room temperature
- 200 gram Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar to serve
- Make sure the butter is on room temperature.
- Preheat the oven on 150 degrees Celsius or 302 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush the cake baking tin with a thin layer of butter. Then add 1 big tablespoon of flour and knock this carefully through the cake tin. In that way, there is a thin layer of flour on the layer of butter.
- Remove the core of the stewed pears, and slice them in slices or cubes. *If you prefer the fruits not too move to the bottom of the cake, cover the sliced fruit with a thin layer of flour.
- Whisk the butter and sugar in a bowl till the butter is white & whipped.
- Then add the eggs by adding them one at the time. When the egg is completely dissolved in the mixture, you can add the next egg.
- Then add the spices, baking powder and flour. Mix the batter until the lumps are out.
- *If you are using flour-covered fruits, you can add them to the batter and mix through*
- Pour the batter in the cake tin, and top off with the stewed pears.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let the cake cool down to room temperature. Once cooled down, you can top the cake with powdered sugar.