It’s January, a month full of good intentions! For me, I love the start of the new year. Even though it is just another day/month, the new year gives me a mental boost to reconsider my habits. Like going to the gym more often, eating a bit healthier or practicing more yoga. What are your goals for upcoming year?
This vegan healthy soup is a great option if you like to eat a bit healthier! In a lot of cases the cream in the soup is replaced by vegan cream. That is an option! However, you can also add a bunch of cauliflower to make this a creamy soup. It is a great hack, low in fat and even more nutritious!
Healthy Mushroom Soup
- Cooking Pot
- 400 gram Mushrooms about 6 cups
- 400 gram Cauliflower about 6 cups
- 2 Onions
- 1 clove Garlic
- Splash of Madeira
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1,2 liter Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 200 gram Mushrooms about 3 cups
- Oat Cream optional
- Remove the outer layer from the garlic and onions. Chop the garlic in even slices and the onions in even cubes. Clean the mushrooms (for the soup) and cut those in half/halves.The other mushrooms (for the topping), you can cut into slices.
- Heat some olive oil in a cooking pot, whereafter you can add the garlic, onions and mushrooms. Cook this until the mushrooms are browned and the onion is glossy.
- Then add a splash of madeira. When the madeira has been dissolved, you can add the cauliflower, thyme, stock and bay leaves. Bring everything to a boil and let it cook until the cauliflower is cooked through.
- In the meantime you can cook the topping mushrooms until browned. You can either do this in the oven or in some olive oil in a frying pan.
- Blend the soup until smooth. Depending on how much liquid is dissolved, you can add more water if needed.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and pour into the soup. Heat and mix the soup until the soup gets a shine and looks more like a cream soup.
- Serve the soup with some chopped chives, vegan cream and the slices of mushrooms.