Carrots and Peas are a classic! Not just in the Netherlands, but also in other European Countries this is a combination aten more often. The sweetness of the carrots goes very well with the taste of peas. I added some potatoes to this dish to add healthy carbs. However, if you like, you can replace them by parsnip as well. By the way, you are going to love this sauce!
Roasted Carrots, Peas & Parsley
- 8 Carrots
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 glove Garlic
- 40 gram Butter
- 100 gram Peas
- Bunch of Parsley
- 200 ml Stock
- 100 ml Cream
- 1 Onion
- Preheat the oven on 200 degrees celsius or 392 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the potatoes in big cubes, the carrots in half and the garlic glove in thick slices.
- Boil some water, and cook the carrots and potatoes for about 5 minutes. Place the peas in a fine sieve above the water (also for about 5 minutes).
- Oil a oven dish, and place the drained potatoes, carrots and the glove of garlic in there. Pour in some extra olive oil, salt & pepper and mix well. Bake for about 35 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, for the sauce; cut the onion in rings and the parsley in 3cm pieces. Heat up a baking pan to a medium heat and add the butter. Then add the onion rings, and fry till soft. Add the parsley and stock and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add the cream and turn off the heat. Blend the sauce till smooth, and pour though a fine sieve. When you are ready to serve, you can heat up the sauce.
- When the potatoes and carrots are almost crispy and golden, add the peas to roast them shortly as well. This just needs to be done for a few minutes.
- Time to serve! Pour the reheated sauce on the plate, add the roasted vegetables and top off with some fresh parsley.