Cold days ask for heartwarming soups! Therefore I made this creamy vegetarian cauliflower soup today. Unlike the Cauliflower Soup with Pesto, this recipe does not include any cream. However it does contain caramelized onion, crumbled Blue Cheese & fresh basil leaves. I know blue cheese is not everybody’s favorite, however it is a great salty vegetarian topping for this soup. Do you prefer meat? Serve the soup with crispy smoked bacon cubes!
Cauliflower Soup & Blue Cheese
- Cooking pan
- 1 Cauliflower
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 Onion
- 1,5 liter Stock
- Few Basil Leaves
- Some Blue Cheese
- Slice the cauliflower in small pieces, the onions in rings and the garlic in slices.
- Heat some olive oil in the cooking pan, and add the onion and garlic. Bake this on a low-medium heat until brown and caramelized. (about 10 minutes)
- Then add the cauliflower, bay leaves and stock. Bring the soup to a boil and let it cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup until it has a creamy texture. Taste the soup and add any additional seasonings.
- Serve with the blue cheese crumbles and basil leaves.