Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast options. Moreover, I love the combination of strawberries and chocolate. The result? This delicious porridge recipe! However, feel free to adjust the fruit to the seasonal and local offerings. To be honest, each fruit tastes great with some chocolate!
Chocolate Oatmeal, Dutch Strawberries & ‘Stroop’
- Cooking Pot
- 650 ml Oat Milk
- 160 gram Oats
- 2 tsp Dutch Cacao Powder
- Pinch of Cinnamon optional
- 4 tbsp Raisins
- Some Dutch Strawberries
- 1 Banana
- ⅙ Chocolate Bar
- 1 piece of Candied Ginger optional
- 4 tbsp Dutch 'Stroop'
- Add the oats, oat milk, cacao, cinnamon and raisins to a cooking pot. Bring this to a boil and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, clean the strawberries and cut these in half. Break the chocolate in pieces, cut the banana in slices and chop the candied ginger in small strips.
- Once the oatmeal is cooked, you can divide the porridge in 2 deep plates. Top with the fruits, chocolate & candied ginger. Serve the porridge with Dutch 'Stroop'!