These days, eating more sustainable is more important than ever. Eating more sustainable can not only be reached by eating seasonal & local products but also by eating seaweed. Just to name a few advantages for you & the planet; it contains nutrients and vitamins, grows quite fast and it doesn’t need any nutrition.
This pizza is made with the seaweed wraps of SeaMoreFood, a Dutch business which makes delicious food items of seaweed. Just as delicious as regular wraps but more sustainable and nutritious. The wraps are made with wakame en himanthalia seaweed. Due to these superfoods in the wraps, these wraps contain more fiber, magnesium, manganese and protein than regular wraps. To me, that’s a great food switch!
In this recipe the seaweed wrap is topped with sea bacon (also from SeaMoreFood), bell pepper and mozzarella. However, feel free to adjust the toppings to your liking/leftovers!
- 2 Seaweed Wraps
- 170 ml Passata
- 2 tbsp Italian Herb Mix or oregano
- 1 Mozzarella
- ½ Bell Pepper
- Sea Bacon
- Chili Oil
- Preheat your oven on 150 degrees celsius or 302 degrees Fahrenheit, with grill function above.
- Cut the bell pepper in really thin slices and tear the mozzarella ball apart in very small pieces.
- Mix the passata with the Italian herb mix, salt & pepper.
- Time to assemble the pizza's! Use a spoon to divide the passata sauce on the wraps. Top off with the mozzarella and bell pepper.
- Bake the wraps in the middle of the oven. The pizza's are ready once the cheese is melted, which should take about 7 minutes. Once the cheese is melted, you can add the sea bacon.* Bake the pizza for another minutes to crisp up the seaweed.
- * You can also bake the sea bacon in some olive oil until crispy. This takes about 30 seconds.
- I love chili oil & pizza! So I always add some chili oil after baking to spice up my pizza. Delicious!