Cauliflower is such a versatile ingredient. For example, when you roast it the flavor is nutty and a bit bitter. However, if you add cream, cauliflower becomes very elegant and soft. Personally I love the creaminess of the soup with flavorful pesto & crispy onions.
Cauliflower & Pesto Soup
- 100 gram Onion
- 350 gram Cauliflower
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 700 ml Stock
- 100 ml Cream
- 4 tbsp Pesto
- 4 tbsp Fried Onions
- Cut the onion in slices and the cauliflower in small pieces.
- Melt some butter or olive oil in a cooking pan and add the onion. Bake until brown and glossy.
- Add the cauliflower, bay leaf and stock and bring the soup to the boil. Let it cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the cream to the soup. Use a blender to turn this chunky soup into a very smooth one.
- Serve with pesto & fried onions!