A delicious low-carb alternative to the potato fries. In this recipe the potato is replaced by Rutabaga. Rutabaga is a turnip, which can be roasted, cooked or served in a puree. Personally my favorite preparation method is roasting the rutabaga in the oven. However you can also use an air fryer for this recipe. In that case; fry the rutabaga for 15 minutes on 170 degrees and 5 minutes on 200 degrees.
- 400 gram Rutabaga
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean and peel the rutabaga. Slice the rutabaga in fries or in another shape.
Roasting the Rutabaga
- Mix the fries with salt, pepper and olive oil. Divide the fries evenly on the oven tray.
- Roast the fries for 30-40 minutes or until cooked. Add the smoked paprika powder the last 5 minutes of the cooking process.
Serving the Fries
- Serve the rutabaga with mayonnaise.