Looking for a healthier lunch option? Try these grilled seaweed wraps with melted Beemster cheese & spinach! I love to serve the quesadilla with a fresh tomato salsa. However, you can also serve the wrap with sweet chili sauce!
This dish is made with the seaweed wraps of SeaMoreFood, a Dutch business which makes delicious food items of seaweed. Just as delicious as regular wraps but more sustainable and nutritious. The wraps are made with wakame en himanthalia seaweed. Due to these superfoods in the wraps, these wraps contain more fiber, magnesium, manganese and protein than regular wraps. To me, that’s a great food switch!
Quesadilla, Beemster Cheese & Spinach
- Baking pan
- 1 Seaweed Wrap
- 4 Sundried Tomatoes
- Hand of Spinach
- Beemster Cheese or another local meltable cheese
- 3 Tomatoes
- ½ clove Garlic
- Some Parsley
- ½ Shallot
- Some Chili optional
- Bake the spinach in a baking pan until it has shrunk.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes in smaller slices.
- Place the grillpan on a heat so it can warm up.
- Time to make the quesadilla! Add the baked spinach on one half of the wrap, whereafter you can top it off with sundried tomatoes and cheese. Fold the wrap and place it in the grillpan.
- Grill the wrap until the cheese is melted and the wrap crispy.
In the meanwhile..
- Chop all salsa ingredients very fine, and add them to a bowl. Add salt and pepper to season the salsa.