The basic of our beloved Dutch croquettes and delicious in a bowl of puff pastry: Shrimp Ragout!
Dutch Shrimp Ragout
- Frying Pan
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- ½ Chili Pepper
- 70 ml Olive Oil
- 50 gram Flour
- 200 ml White Wine
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 500 ml Stock like vegetable, shrimp or fish
- 100 ml Cream
- 200 gram Dutch Shrimps
- Some Parsley
- Chop the white onion and carrot in small cubes. Cut the chili pepper in slices.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan. Bake the chopped onion, chili pepper and carrot in this until soft.
- Add the flour and the rest of the olive oil. Keep stirring the mixture to make sure that the flour doesn't burn. Whenever the kitchen smells like fresh baked cookies, you can add the white wine and bay leaf.
- Time to add the stock! Use a whisk to stir the ragout and to remove any lumps.
- Let the ragout cook for about 5 minutes, while stirring. Add the shrimps and some fresh parsley.
- Serve the ragout with puff pastry or on top of fish filet!