This recipe is made with the ‘Dutch Shrimp Ragout’. The creamy ragout is a great combination with the firm sustainable yellowtail fish. Serve with a simple green salad and sweet potato! But first.. a little story about the Dutch Yellowtail Fish:
This fish is produced In Zeeland, a southwestern area in the Netherlands. The vision of the Yellowtail fish organization is to produce fish in a sustainable and fish-friendly environment. High-tech systems, like water purification system, make it possible to create the optimal conditions for the Yellowtail fish. This results in happy, healthy and stress-free fishes! Which, in the end, also results in a more delicious fish to consume.
These type of innovations make me really excited! It is not only exciting because of the high-tech but also because of the drive of the people. I think it is great to know and to see that these people really take care of the fishes (& a better planet!)
Yellowtail Fish & Dutch Shrimp Ragout
- Oven dish
- Aluminum Foil
- 600 gram Fish Fillet
- 1 portion Dutch Shrimp Ragout
- 75 gram Breadcrumbs or Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Some Sesame Seeds
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Tomatoes
- Some Lettuce
- Few Radishes
- ½ Lemon
- 8 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean the sweet potatoes. Grease them with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and carefully close the foil. Place the aluminum packages in the preheated oven and cook the potatoes for about 60 minutes.
- Time for the crispy topping! Add the breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sesame seeds, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix it all together! Feel free to add any dried seaweed flakes or dried herbs at this point as well. 🙂
- Pour the other tablespoon of olive oil in the oven dish and spread it out. Also add the tomatoes to the oven dish and cover them with some oil, salt and pepper. Place the fish next to the tomatoes and cover with the Dutch Shrimp Ragout.
- Top the ragout with the breadcrumbs mixture!
- Bake the fish for about 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven. The breadcrumbs should be crispy and the fish cooked.
- In the meantime, you can make the salad dressing by mixing the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the lettuce to a serving bowl and top with radishes or other suitable veggies. Pour over the dressing whenever you are ready to serve the salad. By waiting until serving time, you will prevent the salad from getting soggy.
- Serve the fish with the cooked sweet potatoes and the green salad.