You are probably wondering about the sauce name so let me explain! This sauce consists of mayonaise, peanut butter and chopped white onions. It is called ‘Oorlog’ [translated: ‘War’] sauce since it looks a bit messy. That’s it, not a big complex story 🙂
Normally I order this sauce with my fresh Dutch fries! However, tonight I combined it with roasted vegetables and vegetarian meatballs. Roasting a bunch of vegetables is a great and easy way to cook. It won’t take much time and you don’t have to wash many dirty dishes. That’s a real plus for me!
Roasted Vegetables, Baby Potatoes and Dutch ‘War’ Sauce
- Cooking Pot
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- 500 gram Baby Potatoes
- 300 gram Vegetables like zucchini, carrots or cauliflower
- 200 gram Vegetarian Meatballs
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Mayonaise
- 3 tbsp Chunky Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Coconut Water or regular water
- ½ tsp Chili Paste like sambal
- ¼ White Onion
- Cook the baby potatoes in some salted water for about 10 minutes or until done.
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- And place the baking paper on the baking sheet.
- Slice all the vegetables, including the cooked baby potatoes, in the same size and add them to a bowl. Pour in some olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix everything and divide it on the baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Then add the vegetarian meatballs and roast everything for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime you can prepare the sauce! Add the peanut butter, coconut water and chili paste to the cooking pot. Heat the sauce while stirring.
- Add the mayonaise to one side of the serving bowl and the peanut butter to the other. Chop the onion in even cubes and add those to the sauce.
- Serve the roasted vegetables with the Dutch 'War' Sauce!