Once of the most comforting food items on this planet: soup! Since winter carrots are less sweet than summer carrots I love to add warm spices & chili flakes to this soup. If you like, you can add some honey as well!
Quick Carrot Soup & Green Pesto
- Blender // Food Processor
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 450 gram Winter Carrots
- 1 liter Vegetable stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Ginger Powder
- A few Chili Flakes
- Green Pesto
- Sundried Tomato
- Clean and cut the onion in rings, the clove of garlic in slices and the carrots in pieces of 1,5 inches.
- Heat some olive oil in a cooking pan and bake the onion & garlic until glossy. Add, if you like, a pinch of cinnamon powder, ginger powder and chili flakes.
- Then add the carrots, stock and the bay leaf. Let this cook until the carrots are soft and cooked.
Time to blend!
- Blend the soup until you have a creamy consistency. Do you like the soup to be thinner? Just add a splash of water during the blending.
- Serve the soup with green pesto & croutons!