Muesli Bars are one of my favorite snacks. However, store-bought versions often contain a lot of sugar and additives. Therefore I want to share my recipe for a healthier homemade version!
Easter Themed Muesli Bars
- Ovenproof Dish
- Non-Stick Traybake/Brownie Tin (7.8×7.8inches or 20x20cm)
- Food Processor
- Cooking Pot
- Heat Resistant Bowl
- 250 gram Oats
- 50 gram Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 140 gram Dates pitted
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 4 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 100 gram White Chocolade
- Food Coloring
- Easter Sprinkles
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the oats and sunflower seeds to the ovenproof dish and bake this for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can soak the dates in lukewarm water.
Making the Muesli Bars
- Drain the dates and add them to the food processor. Also add the coconut oil, a pinch of salt, the peanut butter and honey. Blend this until you have a smooth sticky paste.
- Mix the date paste, baked oat mixture and chia seeds. Once everything is mixed completely, you can press the mixture in the brownie tin. To make this easier, you can rub your hands with some coconut oil. Try to create an even layer!
- Let the muesli mixture dry for about 1 hour, whereafter you can cut it in 9 squares.
- Pour some water in the cooking pot and bring this to a boil. Break the chocolate in smaller pieces and transfer to a heat resistant bowl.
- Once the water is cooking, you can turn the heat on low. Place the bowl on top of the pot, and make sure that the bowl doesn't touch the boiling water. Let the chocolate melt completely by string occasionally. It is important to keep an eye on the temperature. The chocolate should not get warmer than 43 degrees celsius or 109 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the bowl off the heat and stir the chocolate until it has reached a temperature of 24 degrees Celsius or 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the bowl back on the cooking pot and let the temperature of the chocolate rise to 28 degrees Celsius or 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you like, you can add some food coloring to the chocolate before decorating the muesli bars 🙂
- Use a spoon to decorate the muesli bars with the colored chocolate. Finish the bars with some easter sprinkles, extra nuts or sweets!