This tiramisu is made with ‘Advocaat’, a Dutch Eggnog drink. The recipe can be found here! However, if you looking for a shortcut, you can also use lemon curd instead of ‘Advocaat’.
- Heat Resistant Bowl
- Cooking pan
- Electric Handmixer
- Oven dish 38x55inches
- 150 gram Ladyfingers or other biscuits
- 5 shots Espresso
- 200 ml 'Advocaat' or lemon curd
- 3 Eggs
- 500 gram Mascarpone
- 1 Gelatin Sheet
- 5 tbsp Fine Sugar
- Orange optional
- Add some water to the cooking pan and bring the water to the boil.
- Then add the eggs to the heat resistant bowl. As soon as the water is cooking, you can place the bowl on top of the pan. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water, and that you keep whisking. The easiest way is to use an electric handmixer. Whisk the eggs until it is a pale yellow color and doesn't have any big bubbles anymore. At that point, you can add the sugar.
- Take the bowl off the heat, and whisk it for another 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, soak the gelatin sheet in some cold water.
- Add the mascarpone to the egg mixture, but add it spoon by spoon. When this is nicely mixed, you can start to cook the gelatin sheet. Add the gelatin sheet with 2 tablespoons of water to pan, and place on a medium heat. As soon as the gelatin sheet dissolved in the water, you can pour the gelatin into your mascarpone mixture. Whisk during this process to make sure the gelatin dissolves evenly.
Getting everything together.
- Place a few ladyfingers in the espresso, turn them directly upside down, and move them to the oven dish (or glasses). The lady fingers still need to hold their shape, so the soaking process needs to be done real quick.
- When you have created one layer of ladyfingers, you can add a layer of 'advocaat'. Then add half of the mascarpone mixture and spread it out evenly.
- Then soak the rest of the ladyfingers quickly and add those to the oven dish (or glasses). To create a festive look, add the mascarpone and spoons of 'Advocaat'. Use a wooden skewer to make swirls.
The hardest part.
- Chill the tiramisu in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Serve with freshly grated orange zest and fresh fruits!