This soup is made with blended cauliflower, which adds creaminess and replaces the butter and flour. Therefore this soup is completely gluten-free & vegan.
Healthy Curry Soup
- Cooking Pot
- Blender // Food Processor
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Surinamese Massala Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2,5 pounds Cauliflower Florets
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
- 100 ml Coconut Milk optional
- Hand of Sprouts
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 2 Spring Onion
- Take the outer layer off the onions and garlic. Cut the onion in rings and the cloves of garlic in slices. Make sure all the florets of cauliflower are about the same size.
- Pour the olive oil in the cooking pot and add the onions and slices of garlic. Fry for about 10 minutes on a low medium heat.
- Then add the turmeric and curry powder and fry it for another minute. Add the cauliflower florets, bay leaf and stock. Pour in as much water needed to just cover the cauliflower. Bring everything to a boil. Turn the heat lower once it is cooking.
- In the meanwhile, you can already prepare the toppings. Cut the bell pepper in cubes and the spring onion in slices.
- The soup is ready when the cauliflower is cooked through. Remove the bay leaf and add the coconut milk. Blend the soup until smooth. If you like the soup to be thinner, you can add more water, stock or coconut milk.
- Season the soup with salt & pepper.
- Serve the soup with sprouts, chopped bell pepper and spring onion.