A delicious vegetarian twist on the regular Avocado Toast recipe: with the addition of SeaBacon! SeaBacon is crispy thin seaweed product, made by SeaMore. The SeaBacon is very easy to prepare, since you need to bake it shortly in some olive oil. Don’t have any SeaBacon near you? You can also add crispy nori sheets or even crispy kale!
Avocado Toast with SeaBacon & a Poached Egg
- Cooking Pot
- Frying Pan
- Small Bowl
- 2 slices Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Lemon
- Parsley optional
- 4 tbsp SeaBacon
- 2 Olive Oil
- Few Radishes
- Let's start preparing the water for the poached eggs. Bring about a liter of water to a boil. Besides that, you can already toast the slices of bread.
- Then, the avocado mash. For this, you cut open the avocado. Remove the seed and scoop out the avocado flesh. Mix the avocado with a pinch of salt, pepper, freshly grated lemon zest and lemon juice. If you like to add any herbs like cilantro or parsley, you can chop that and mix it in as well.
- Divide the avocado mash on the two slices of bread.
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan, and bake the SeaBacon for about 30 seconds.
Poaching the Egg
- Break the egg in a small bowl, however making sure the egg yolk remains intact.
- When the water is cooking, you can add the vinegar. Mix this shortly and bring the water to a boil again. Turn the heat on a low level. The big bubbles should be gone and only small bubbles should appear on the bottom of the pan.
- Use a whisk to create a strong whirlpool, and while the whirlpool is still there, you can gently drop the egg in de center of the whirlpool. Let the egg cook for about 3 minutes, whereafter you can take it out with a slotted spoon. Dap the egg, in the slotted spoon, on a kitchen towel to remove any water. Repeat the same for the other egg.
- Add the poached eggs on top of the avocado mash. Decorate the toast with the SeaBacon, some radish slices and some salt & pepper. Enjoy!