A great way to eat your daily vegetables, and to give your brain and body energy to keep working! You knew that Broccoli & Nuts are real Brain Foods? A real local super food!
I love the combination of fresh lemon, broccoli and salty cheese cubes (like Feta or Dutch ‘Meikaas’). Nevertheless, if you can’t find one of these cheeses, feel free to substitute for any salty cheese (either aged or fresh).
Broccoli, Feta & Nuts Salad
- Cooking pan
- 1 Broccoli
- 1 Spring Onion
- 3 tbsp White Cheese
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Nuts
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil or oil from the cheese jar
- Bring some salted water to the boil.
- Bake the nuts golden brown in a baking pan. You could add some olive oil, if you like.
- Cut the broccoli tops of the stalk, and make sure all those tops are equally sized. For the stalk, I always like to peel the outside of the stalk. Then cut the stalk in half and in ½cm slices.
- When the water is boiling, add the stalk first. Let it cook for 5 minutes, and then add the tops for another 3 minutes.
- Whisk the dressing the serving bowl by mixing oil, lemon juice & pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and spring onions in slices and add to the dressing.
- Strain the broccoli and pour over cold water to stop the cooking process. Dry the broccoli before adding it to the salad.
Almost time to serve..
- Add the cheese cubes, nuts and broccoli to the dressing. Mix up, taste and serve with some bread!