Rolled up wraps are a common Dutch snack on celebrations, parties & family get-togethers. This version is made with a seaweed wraps (from SeaMoreFood). SeaMoreFood is a Dutch company, which is making delicious products of seaweed. Just as delicious as regular products but more sustainable and nutritious. The wraps are made with wakame en himanthalia seaweed. Due to these superfoods in the wraps, these wraps contain more fiber, magnesium, manganese and protein than regular wraps. To me, that’s a great food switch!
Eating seaweed is not only healthier but also more sustainable. Seaweed grows fast, helps to produce oxygen and doesn’t need a lot of commercial nourishments. Therefore seaweed is a great sustainable food option!
Looking for another recipe with the Seaweed Wraps? Try the Seaweed pizza with mozzarella, bell pepper and sea bacon! Or use the hashtag #seaweed on the right side of this website.
Seaweed Wraps, Pineapple Cream Cheese & Salmon Caviar
- Fine Sieve
- 3 Seaweed Wraps
- 200 gram Fresh Cream Cheese
- 2 Pineapple rings fresh or canned
- Some Arugula
- 4 tbsp Salmon Caviar
- Chop the pineapple in very small cubes. Then transfer these cubes to the fine sieve, which is placed on a bowl.
- Once the pineapple cubes are drained, you can mix them with cream cheese. Important is that there is not much liquid anymore. This can make the cream cheese too soft and wet.
- Divide a good layer of pineapple cream cheese on the wraps, whereafter you can add a bit of arugula. Roll up the wraps, and cut off the ends. Cut the remaining wraps in equal pieces.
- Finish the wrap bites with some salmon caviar!