Comforting, spiced & creamy; perfect dish for the weekends. Serve with some prawn crackers (kroepoek) and Maggi. Maggi is salty flavor enhancer which has aromas of the Maggi Plant/ Lovage. It is used in the Dutch Kitchen already for more than 100 years, and therefore part of the Dutch Dinner Table. If you prefer to eat vegetarian, use some bell peppers instead! Or cauliflower or zucchini.. Just make sure you have a high quality curry powder!
- Cooking pan
- Baking pan
- 700 gram Chicken preferably a small chicken with bones. If you can't find that, use around 400 gram of chicken thighs & 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic or more if you prefer
- 2 Cloves
- 4 Laurel dried or fresh
- 5 Carrots
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 100 gram Peas
- 50 gram Butter
- 2 tbsp Best Quality Curry Powder i love Arva Marsala Powder!
- 30 gram Flour
- 2 Egg Yolks optional
- 120 gram Rice
- Cut the chicken meat of the bones and cut in 2 cm pieces. Keep cold in the refrigerator. Also cut the carrots in 3 cm pieces (or however you prefer)
- Add the bones in a cooking pan with 2 liter of water, the onion (cut into quarters), 1 carrot (cut in 2 cm pieces), laurel, cloves, garlic and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to the boil and let it cook for at least 45 minutes. After that; pour the stock through a sieve to clean the broth.
- Melt the butter in the baking pan, add the chicken, carrots & curry powder. When the chicken is brown, add the flour and stir continuously to cook the flour.
- After 5 minutes add a soupspoon of the broth, stir till well mixed and bring to the boil. Keep adding broth until the curry has the right thickness. Add the peas and cherry tomatoes and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the rice following the instructions on your package. Around 120 gram should be enough for 2 people with the curry.
- Optional; Mix 2 Egg yolks with some of the broth and add to the curry. Keep stirring and mixing so the egg yolks disappear in the curry. This makes the curry more creamy, but you can also add some cream, cream fraiche or coconut milk.
- Bon appetit!