One of my favorite cheese: Rambol. Rambol is a soft walnut cheese, made in the Dordogne (France). Dordogne is known for their high quality nut production. It is a great cheese for a cheesecake, on toast or in this delicious sauce. Since the cheese may not be so healthy, I added quinoa pasta & microgreens. By using quinoa pasta and microgreens you can easily level up the nutritional value of your meal.
Microgreens are seedlings of vegetables and herbs. Besides the fact that they look very pretty on dishes, they are full of nutrients. Since the plants are still very small, the nutrients are more concentrated. Which means that you can eat the nutrient of a whole cabbage by eating 1,5 or 2 microgreen portions. This obviously depends on the seedling etcetera, so I can not give you any hard facts. Moreover, you do need the fibers of whole fruits and vegetables. Microgreens are just a great, and beautiful, way to add more nutrients to your meal!
Pasta, Creamy Walnut Sauce & Microgreens
- Cooking Pot
- 325 gram Dried Pasta like the quinoa pasta
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion big, or 2 smaller onions
- 3 tbsp Madeira
- ¼ Mushroom Stock Cube
- 250 ml Cream
- 140 gram Rambol Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Thyme optional
- 60 gram Walnuts
- First of all, let's bring some water, with a tablespoon of salt, to a boil (for the pasta).
- Cut the onions in small cubes.
- Once the water is cooking, you can add the pasta. Cook this following the package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in the sauce pan and bake the onions until soft and glossy. Add the madeira and, if you like, some thyme leaves and stir again.
- Then you can add the cream, the crumbled mushroom stock cube and the rambol cheese. I prefer to add the rambol cheese per tablespoon so the cheese melts quicker.
- Use a whisk to mix the sauce and to remove any lumps. Once the sauce is cooking, you can turn off the heat or turn it on low. You don't this sauce to cook for a long time. It just needs to be hot 😉
- Once your pasta is cooked, you can drain it and add it to the sauce. Mix everything, check if you like the thickness of the sauce. Do you like the sauce to be a bit more fluid? Add some cooking water of the pasta.
- Have a quick taste and add some additional salt&pepper (if you prefer)!
- Serve the pasta with microgreens and chopped walnuts.