When walking on the Farmers Market of Utrecht, I found these chestnuts. A real autumn treat! You can roast them in some olive oil. However, I love to flavor of the brown butter! To add some extra autumn flavors, I added some rosemary. You can also add spices like cinnamon or thyme, which are both also a delicious combination with the chestnuts.
To make these chestnuts even more special, I served them with some smoked sea salt flakes. How to eat this? Take the chestnuts out of the shell and dip in a few sea salt flakes. I love this sweet and salty mix!
Roasted Chestnuts, Rosemary & Smoked Seasalt
- Oven dish
- 300 gram Chestnuts
- 60 gram Butter or Olive Oil
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- Smoked sea salt flakes
- Preheat your oven on 200 degrees Celsius or 392 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a sharp knife to cut an X in all chestnuts.
- Add the chestnuts to the oven dish. Divide the butter and rosemary on top of the chestnuts.
- Roast the chestnuts for 20 minutes in the preheated oven and serve with smoked sea salt flakes.