Adding seaweed to this pasta dish doesn’t only lower the carbohydrates, but also adds extra jodium, omega 3 & iron! To me, that’s a great way of eating healthier! You can add as much seaweed spaghetti as you prefer. However I like the combination of pasta & seaweed, since the pasta adds a different structure.
The seaweed spaghetti, which I used for this recipe, is produced by SeaMore. SeaMore makes delicious food items with seaweed. They make not only this spaghetti, but also seaweed nacho’s, wraps & sea bacon. Eating seaweed is healthier due to low carbs, more vitamins & minerals. Moreover, by using seaweed in vegan and vegetarian dishes, you can add complex flavors!
Pasta, Seaweed & Creamy Pesto Sauce
- Cooking pan
- Baking pan
- 150 gram Spaghetti in this recipe I used black spaghetti
- 60 gram Seaweed Spaghetti or another type of seaweed
- 1 small Shallot
- 100 gram Carrots
- 2 tbsp Red Pesto
- 120 gram Oat Fraiche or creme fraiche
- 250 gram Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven on 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to an oven dish. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper & olive oil. Roast the tomatoes until caramelized. This should take about 45 minutes.
- Cut the carrots in thin strips, and the shallot in small cubes.
- Bring some water to a boil.
- Bake the shallots and carrots in the baking pan for about 5 minutes. Then add the pesto, creme fraiche and 50 ml of water. Mix everything and bring to a boil. Let if cook for 5 minutes, and then turn off the heat.
- Once the water is cooking, you can add the seaweed. Cook the seaweed for 10 minutes, whereafter you can add the pasta. From this moment, you need to cook everything for another 8 minutes. Transfer 1 soupspoon of cooking liquid to the sauce, and drain the pasta.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and let it reduce to your preferred thickness. Then add the pasta & tomatoes and mix everything.