‘Boterkoek’ with hazelnuts & cacao
Delicious buttery sweet, perfect to combine with a cup of coffee or tea!
- 200 gram Butter
- 200 gram Flour +2 extra tablespoons
- 1 Egg
- 180 gram Sugar
- 3 tbsp Dutch Cacao Powder (unsweetened)
- 120 gram Hazelnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk egg just till mixed, and keep about 3 tablespoons in a separate bowl.
- Mix butter, flour, sugar, the mixed egg & cacao powder until well combined.
- Butter the oven dish and coat the oven dish with 2 tablespoons of flour. Move the oven dish till all the butter in the dish is covered with a little bit of flour.
- Place the butter mixture in the oven dish & top off with the hazelnuts. Make sure you gently press the hazelnuts in the mixture, to make sure they don’t fall off when baked.
- Brush the 3 tablespoon egg mixture over the mixture and bake for 25 minutes.