Such an easy recipe for seasonal fruits! This pear cake is baked in a brownie tin, so easily cuttable in 9 squares. Rather another fruit? You can replace the pear with another hard fruit like apple!
Pear Cake with Oat Crumble
- 2 Bowl
- Sauce pan
- Non-Stick Traybake/Brownie Tin (7.8×7.8inches or 20x20cm)
- Baking Brush
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 100 gram Brown Sugar ½ cup; like Dutch 'Bruine Basterdsuiker'
- 25 gram Vanilla Sugar
- 100 gram Flour ½ cup
- 100 gram Butter ½ cup; + extra for greasing
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Pear or use another hard fruit like apple
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Sugar
- 4 tbsp Oat Flakes
- 1 tbsp Apricot Jelly
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the baking tin by greasing it with some additional butter or olive oil.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a sauce pan.
- Break the eggs above the bowl. Add a pinch of salt and the lemon juice. Whisk the eggs until completely foamy. Once foamy, you can add the sugar little by little while whisking the batter a bit more.
- Then it's time to add all other ingredients! Add a pinch of cinnamon and half of the flour. Then slowly pour in the butter while whisking the batter. Add the other half of the flour and the baking powder and mix through.
- Make the topping by cutting the pear in small cubes. Mix the pear with the cornstarch, oat flakes and sugar.
- Pour the batter in the baking tin and add the topping. Bake this sweet for about 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Add the apricot jelly + 3 tbsp of water to the sauce pan and bring this to a boil. Use a brush to smear the topping of the cake with the diluted apricot jelly mixture. Then bake the cake for another 5 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down. Serve with ice cream or a good cup of coffee!