‘Haagse Bluf’ is a traditional Dutch dessert from The Hague, a city in the Netherlands. I love the sweet and sour balance in this dessert! Since the ‘Bluf’ is quite creamy, it is normally served with crispy cinnamon cookies.
Foamy Dessert “Haagse Bluf” with Berries
- Micro gas burner
- Whisk // Handmixer
- 2 Egg Whites
- 100 gram Sugar
- 200 ml Red Berries Juice
- ⅓ tsp Lemon Juice
- 100 gram Seasonal Fruit
- 50 gram Cookies
- Degrease your whisk and bowl with a bit of lemon juice.
- Clean and slice the fruits and add these to a bowl. Season the fruits with lemon juice and sugar, to your taste. Let the fruits marinate for a few minutes.
- Add the egg white and a pinch of salt to your degreased bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites, sugar and berrie juice until you have a foamy and stiff mixture. It should hold its shape when you form an eight, or another shape, in the mixture.
- Divide the fruit in your serving glasses and top off with the 'Haagse Bluf'.
- If you like, you can burn the top of the 'Bluf'. Use a micro gas burner for this! The best is to keep the burner on a distance of about 10 cm, or 3,95 inches, so the roasting happens evenly.
- Serve with the cookies!