- 200 gram Mushrooms
- 120 gram Kimchi
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Spring Onion
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 package Spring Roll Pastry
- 1 Egg
- Sweet Chili Sauce or other sauce for serving (like mayonnaise)
- Chop the mushrooms and carrot in very small cubes. Bake them in a pan until they are brown and cooked.
- Wash, drain and cut the kimchi also in very small pieces and add to the mushroom mixture.
- At this point you can also add the garlic, spring onions, soy sauce and sugar. Bake until all the moisture is gone.
- Prepare the fryer on 180 degrees celsius.
- Time to fill up the spring rolls! Whisk the egg very quickly in a small bowl. You can use this mixture as a glue for the 'vlammetjes'. For the filling; place the spring roll paper in front of you. Turn it so you have one point of the paper pointing towards you. Add 1 tbsp of the mushroom mixture to the paper, and brush the rest of the paper with the egg wash. Fold the paper on you side over the filling, and then fold over the left and right side. Then roll up the pastry paper.
- Fry all the 'vlammetjes' until brown and crispy, and serve with either mayonaise or sweet chili sauce.